The Miramichi River in New Brunswick Canada has always been known as one of the best Atlantic Salmon rivers in the World but over the past few years it has also become a World Class destination for Striped Bass fishing. As bass numbers may be decreasing in some other areas of the world, the Miramichi numbers have increased to almost a million in only a few years, making for some of the best 'Striper' fishing anywhere. With our ideal location on the Miramichi river, we offer many fishing choices - from World Class Striped Bass fishing day trips, to 'combo' packages that can include Striped Bass, Atlantic Salmon and Trout, along with quality private Cottage Rentals. Striped bass fishing has never been so good or so easy to do as it is now on the Miramichi. For non-fishing members of your party, the local area offers many attractions including sandy beaches and day trips.
For accommodation details visit us at our Cottages page.
Things to do while you are staying at Country Haven Cottages..
- - Guided Fishing for Striped Bass, Atlantic Salmon, Trout or Shad
- - Guided or on your own Canoeing/Kayaking
- - Guided Side-by-side ATV wilderness tours
- - Hiking
- - Snowshoeing, X-Country Skiing, Skating, Hiking and Sleigh rides (in winter)
- - Photography - beautiful wilderness, rivers, wildlife.
- - Swimming/Ocean beaches - Baie St Anne and Escuminac - less than 1 hour drive.
- - Geocaching - Literally hundreds nearby - including series of 40, 27 and 26 -
appx. 20 minute drive.
We also offer Trips arranged through Country Haven or that you can arrange on your own:
- - Tubing with Miramichi Tubing - 10 Minute drive, or Stewarts Tubing - 30 Minute drive.
- - Horseback riding with Saddle Tramp stables - 10 minute drive.
- - Bear Watching/camera Tours with Little Big Bear Safari - 30 minute drive.
- - Horse and sleigh rides with Fletchers or Innes or Barrieaus from approx 25-35 minute drive.
- - Whale Watching Tours through Quoddy Link Bay of Fundy approx 2.5 Hrs drive.
- - Hopewell Rocks Tours to the Bay of Fundy - approx 2.5 hrs drive.
- - Golf - 2 nearby Golf Clubs welcome daily guests.
- - Cross Country skiing (Winter) through Miramichi Cross Country Ski Club approx 20 Minute drive.
(Click photos for larger view)